Land at the rear of 32 to 56 Mill Road, Westbourne
Westbourne Community Trust has now revised its proposals for affordable homes. Changes have been made to take into account, residents comments made on the draft proposals during the consultation in July 2019 and the discussions that have since taken place with the Planning Team at Chichester District Council. We have also commissioned detailed work from specialist consultants to inform the approach to the scheme and to support the planning application that will be submitted in due course.
The revised scheme is substantially similar to the July 2019 proposals and includes the following features
- 12 new affordable homes to rent to local people including
- two 3-bed homes
- four 2-bed homes
- six 1-bed homes
- The new homes will be highly energy efficient, low carbon and incorporate renewable energy generation
- Parking for the new homes
- Parking for the allotments and the users of the park
- New off-street parking spaces on Mill Road to ease parking congestion
- New play equipment in the park to replace existing equipment
- A new Multi Use Games Area (MUGA) to replace the existing hard court
- A new repositioned skate park
- A new jogging circuit around the park
- A new storage unit for the allotments and the Parish Council
- New fencing along the boundary to the allotment site
- A new pedestrian footpath link from the park into the school playground
Our architects are still working on the final details of the scheme that will be submitted for planning permission in a few weeks’ time. For example, the proposed layout of off-street parking space in Mill Road may need to be changed when we have more information about the exact location of services within the grass verges.
Before we finalise the design, we would like to take your comments into account so please let us know your views or ask questions about the scheme using the form below and we will respond to the points raised as appropriate.
We would like to prioritise comments and questions to residents in the local vicinity of Mill Road and then from the wider Westbourne community we therefore ask that you provide you address within the comment box provided (we will remove your address before posting your comment to the site). Please submit your questions and comments below.
The consultation will close on the 29th March 2020. No comments after that date will be responded to.